Wednesday 7 February 2018

Emergency Sale post! :)

 Double postings this week! :) There was an emergency. I had to let everyone know about sobeys on Henderson and their amazing floral department. Wicked sales this week!
 If you were looking for the right time to pick up your very first house plant, now is the time! :) Lots of awesome potted plants for sale. Some, like the above, are for seasonal enjoyment (although I'm taking on the challenge of making my rose bush last till summer... who knows what'll happen)
 And then there's these bad-boys! Bamboo. And what I didn't get a photo of is that they are already growing roots in the bottom! Perfect for one of those rock-vase bamboo thingy.  And yes... i'll be blogging that! :) I picked up two of each skewer

 Here's the house plants! If it says its a tropical plant, generally that means it can be a house plant. I have a neighbor that has these Calla Lilly looking things outside every summer, and she simply brings in the bulbs each fall and re-plants in the spring. How fun! :)  And those are decent prices for the tropical plants. The spikey one was called a dragon tree. I was pretty tempted, but I left it there...
 Want to try your hand at rooting a cutting? you could propegate a hydrengia bush from one of these! You just need a stem and one or two leaves to get-er done! :)

 And lots of flowers for sale! My guess is that they are getting ready for valentines day and trying to clear up some space.
 And the whole back wall was practically 50% off too.  If you didnt know this, Sobeys on henderson has had the same florist for 5-7 years now and she is excellent. So as far as grocery store flowers are concerned, Sobeys on Henderson is the place to go!

Until next time,
keep it green!

2 comments:

  1. you should do a hydrangea propagation post soon. These are one of my favourite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know... I didnt buy one! Lol but I may try it yet this summer! :)

      Delete

thanks for commenting! :)